Sunday, October 14, 2012

I am not my own

How Deep The Father's Love For Us

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

This song touches my soul and makes me cringe a little. It brings me humbly to my knees back to the only thing that makes my heart whole, Jesus. I love this song, because I am reminded that I brought Jesus to that cross and I also mocked him, but that cross and that man saved me from that awful state and gave me righteousness. I also know that this hard long suffering life is the same hard suffering life Jesus endured. I often tend to forget that Jesus did suffer. It wasn't a pleasant death, it was a brutal beating of a righteous man. And because of that suffering he knows our pain during our suffering. He knows our ache and he knows our utter longing for something sweeter and better. And because he died that death we are able to long for that day he comes back and opens up the heavens and wipes our tears from our eyes. He will make all things new and he will mend this very broken world.

I think this song also touches into my pride problem I have. It's so hard not to boast when you succeed. But if I am really being honest the only reason I am good at anything is because it was a gift from God. So I must take to heart the part that says I will not boast in anything. Really? Not anything? Well that's hard, thankfully we have the holy spirit to help with that. I have found not easily I might add that not boasting in anything, really takes constant work. Constant reminders of the gospel, that Jesus saved you thats why your here. Because Jesus gifted you to be a nurse is the only reason you succeed as a nurse. The christain life is a life of constant repentance and constant thankfulness that we are not our own, but humbly belong to the man who loves us more than we will ever know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment